Psoriasis remedies and treatment for psoriasis is very dependent on the individual. Since there still is no cure for psoriasis, living with psoriasis can be extremely hard. Psoriasis remedies are proper skin management techniques that will provide an individual with psoriasis optimum control over it. Below are some suggestions for psoriasis remedies that may help you control your flare-ups!
- Avoid Skin Injury (if possible)! Any direct damage to the skin, whether it is on the affected area or not, may create new lesions of psoriasis. This occurs because due to irritation to the base layer of the skin, which causes the inflammatory reaction. Research shows that half the population of people suffering from psoriasis experiences the Koebner phenomenon, which causes the skin to develop new lesions at the site of damaged skin. One thing individuals should avoid is scrubbing to remove the scales because it may worsen the psoriasis.
- Treat Any Infectious Foci Right Away! Research shows that some infections can activate psoriasis like the streptococcal throat infection, which is very contagious and can result in guttate psoriasis. Another example would be inverse psoriasis, which is frequently aggravated by infections in the skin folds. Treating the infection may help improve the psoriasis.
- Treat Your Psoriasis Before It Worsens! This may be one of the best-suggested psoriasis remedies. The most effective way to stop the itching and appearance of new lesions is to treat your psoriasis properly as soon as the lesions appear. Consult your physician or dermatologist as soon as the signs or symptoms are present.
- Maintain Healthy Habits! Psoriasis flare-ups may appear when you are weak and tired. Eat a balanced diet, try to reduce eating red meats, and eliminate the intake of alcohol. Drink lots of water on a regular basis and get an interrupted sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours everyday. Keep in mind that good nutrition, exercise and rest tunes up your whole body and will keep the equilibrium, which is very beneficial for reducing psoriasis flare-ups.
- Stop Smoking! Many studies show that smoking causes pustular psoriasis on the soles and palms. Patients, who quit smoking, usually see that their lesions clear up faster. Studies also show that the severity of psoriasis may be related to smoking.
- Avoid Alcohol! Alcohol can activate psoriasis, but some doctors allow their patients moderate consumption of alcohol. However, it is recommended to avoid alcohol because a small amount of it can cause psoriasis flare-ups.
- Manage Your Stress! Stress is actually related to the induction and exacerbation of the disease of all types. Stress can initially active and can worsen the condition of your psoriasis. Try to manage your stress through yoga or deep relaxation.
- Provide Extra Care for the Skin! Keep the skin moist as possible by putting heavy skin moisturizers or any topical agents after bath. Frequent use of moisturizer will help control the pain and itchiness of dry skin and inflammation. Dryness usually increases flaking, itching, and scaling, which will worsen your psoriasis.
Above are some suggested psoriasis remedies. These psoriasis remedies are precautions you should take in order to avoid psoriasis flare-ups. Remember, psoriasis remedies vary depending on the individual!
Tags: cure for psoriasis, drinking and psoriasis, koebner phenomenon, living with psoriasis, plaque psoriasis, psoriasis, psoriasis and depression, psoriasis and people, psoriasis and stress, psoriasis diagnosis, psoriasis remedies, psoriasis stress, psoriasis support, psoriasis treatment, psoriasis treatments, psoriasis triggers, remedies for psoriasis, smoking and psoriasis, stress and psoriasis, symptoms of psoriasis, treatment for psoriasis, treatments for psoriasis, types of psoriasis