Do you live a life with psoriasis and think you’re alone? Well, you most definitely aren’t. The condition affects 7.5 million people in the United States according to the National Psoriasis Foundation. Believe it or not, there are even celebrities that live life with psoriasis. Below is a list of celebrities who suffer from psoriasis and just like you they understand the challenges of life with psoriasis.
- Kim Kardashian: Who was recently diagnosed with psoriasis expressed concerns that her career would be affected from the news. She said things like, “People don’t understand the pressure on me to look perfect… When I gain a pound, it’s in the headlines. Imagine what the tabloids would do to me if they saw all these spots?” Kim’s dermatologist suggested she take a break from her fast-paced lifestyle because sometimes psoriasis flare-ups can be triggered by stress.
- LeAnn Rimes: This two-time Grammy winning artist has been in the spotlight for more than half of her life, but until recently, she kept her struggle with psoriasis under wraps. In 2008, she decided to open up about her experience as part of the “Stop Hiding, Start Living” psoriasis awareness campaign sponsored by Abbott.
- Jon Lovitz: The Saturday Night Live alum has a great sense of humor, but wants people to know that psoriasis is not joke. Last year, he also shared his story as a part of the “Are You Serious?” national awareness campaign sponsored by Janssen.
- Jerry Mathers: Is best known to fans as Theodore “Beaver” Cleaver on the 1950s sitcom, Leave It To Beaver. Mathers has a relatively mild form of psoriasis, but that doesn’t mean he’s escaped the discomfort and embarrassment that may accompany severe outbreaks.
- Stacy London: This What Not To Wear co-host has certainly made a name for herself, but she knows better than anyone that beauty is not just skin deep. Diagnosed with psoriasis at age 4, London experienced years of painful itching and scaly outbreaks. As an adult, she became a spokesperson for the National Psoriasis Foundation’s PATH program, which offers tips on living with the condition and maintaining good health and spirits.
Above are five popular celebrities who live life with psoriasis. Just like you, they know that life with psoriasis can be huge challenge and hassle, especially when they are constantly in the public eye. If you live life with psoriasis, do as these celebrities have done… create awareness and educate people!