Next to treatment for psoriasis, psoriasis resources are extremely important. Below are some great psoriasis resources for those who have been newly diagnosed and those who have been suffering from the condition for a while.
- American Academy of Dermatologists: The organization of physicians who treat psoriasis has a comprehensive set of information on the condition for patients, including a section on psychological aspects of psoriasis.
- American Academy of Rheumatology Learn about psoriatic arthritis, a complication of psoriasis, on the web site of the group of physicians who treat arthritis.
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Find clinical trials for psoriasis treatments on the National Institutes of Health clinical trials web site.
- MedlinePlus Psoriasis: From the National Institutes of Health and the National Library of Medicine, this site is a page of helpful list of links to more information about psoriasis.
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) NIAMS offers good basic information about psoriasis symptoms, complications, treatments and support.
- The National Psoriasis Foundation : From the leading psoriasis advocacy group, this site is a good source of support and information on all aspects of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Psoriasis Cure Now : A site dedicated to lobbying Congress for more psoriasis research funding and to raising awareness about the disease. Go here to find out how to get involved.
- Psoriasis Interactive Tutorial: This site from the National Library of Medicine features a succinct overview of psoriasis in sound and pictures.
- PsoriasisNet: A project of the American Academy of Dermatology, PsoriasisNet is packed with information about the disease and its treatment. The site would benefit from more frequent updates, but is a good source for basic information about psoriasis.
Above are some great psoriasis resources that may help you cope with the condition, check them out!